Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Prepare for Zombie Apocalypse

     I have been thinking a lot about emergency preparedness and food storage lately. A stake president in Draper, gave a talk with regards to the nearing of the Second Coming, the state our world is in currently and how it will continue to deteriorate. I've been thinking about food storage and emergency preparedness for awhile now, but this talk (along with discussions I've had with friends) really brought it home.

  There is SO much information out there and all of this information has been overwhelming. When I am interested in something, I have a tendency to read and learn EVERYTHING I can on the subject so that I am well informed and can be efficient in making decisions and moving forward.  There are numerous websites, books and talks the supply information but I struggled to find just a simple list to help me. Even the information that was simple for one family didn't seem right for me or it was broken up into different blog posts. I needed one place to go with all the information in a succinct document, so of course I have to create my own. Luckily, with the help of Pinterest and the LDS food storage website, I have gathered some wonderful sources to get me going. I figure that since I am interested in getting prepared, my friends and family might be as well, so I'm going to post all the information I've gathered on here. Basically, it will be a compilation of links to other bloggers who are amazing in food storage and emergency preparation.


Current state of my home:



 Garage & Water Storage - notice the water containers on the shelf in the upper left corner. 
Yep, they're empty. 



Upstairs Closet



Storage Room



Kitchen Pantry



First Aid Kit / Medicines


My plan. I have a binder that includes the following sections:

     3 month food storage

     72 hour kit / Grab & Go kit

     Food Storage Recipe Book

     Emergency Plan

     Eliminating excess - see garage pictures above :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment