Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Step 1 : 3 month food supply

The first things that I want to get together are the ingredients for enough meals for 3 months. On the blog All Things Simple, Kim gives a great idea for beginning. Choose 7 meals that you make regularly. Pick one of these to start with and gather all the ingredients for this meal to cover making it once a week for 3 months. She suggests keeping all the ingredients for the meal in the same place so that they are easy to locate. Another blog suggested keeping all the ingredients together in a gallon freezer bag so that they are easy to label and locate.

This seems easy enough. Here are the 7 recipes I eat regularly (although I mostly make new things from pinterest lately):

1. Haystacks
2. Chicken Curry Divan
3. Beef Stroganoff
4. Tortilla Soup
5. Taco Soup
6. Chicken Enchiladas
7. Chinese Chicken Salad

  I want to add some fish recipes as well to give some lighter meat dinners. I need to adjust some of these recipes so that they are more food storage friendly, but they will all work. I am trying not to use "cream of..." soups and I found a substitution that seems like it would be good.

   There is also a super cute recipe book over at All Things Simple. It is so cute and the perfect size to keep all the recipes I have food storage for. Once I make the book, I will add some pictures. Sorry these posts are so dull so far. Ha, ha.

Along with these ingredients, I am going to be gathering items for my 72 hour kit, my emergency car kit, and my first aid kit. I have many items that will go in these but there is still much to do. I love the idea of having a tackle box first aid kit over at I Did This And You Can Too.

I'm also learning about flour and wheat. There is SO much to learn. See this information on following posts. Have a joyful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment