Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Watched

Youtube.com is a resource for finding crazy good music and cleverly created videos. Its so fun to find artists who are actually interesting, instead of just one of the herd, following the popularity. Granted, I love a lot of pop, rock, trendy music and there is value in each type, but take Kimbra for example. She is herself, not conforming to the norm and creates amazing music in a different way. Especially, musicians who others might not know about or are different from the norm. Here's what I've been watching this week:

Kimbra "Settle Down"



tUnE-yArDs "Bizness" (Matt introduced me to this one)



Zelda Medley - Lindsey Stirling



But I do love a lot of popular songs as well:

Jason Mraz "
       - So romantic!!


"Shake It Out" Katherine McPhee (SMASH)



"Call Me, Maybe"
       - And funny enough, I love that Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber, & Ashley Tisdale are in this. Ha, ha.



If you take the comma out of that song it reminds me of "Arrested Development."
       Maeby is 2nd from the right:



Last night, I watched a documentary called "Forks Over Knives." It discussed how a change in nutritional intake can have an impact of such magnitude that it can assist in recovering from disease, preventing illness (which of course we already know), but its even more than that. It talks a lot about plant based vs. animal based proteins and how our diet has changed over history. Of course, I don't have a lot of knowledge on the subject but it really did make me want to change my habits, limiting my sugar and meat intake and making healthier meals, because a lot can be adjusted in recipes to make them better for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment